ZS180 neer op Macht??

ZS180SX

ZS180 neer op Macht??

Bericht door ZS180SX »

ZS180 neer op Macht?? kwamen wij over een probleem met KV6'S de andere dag bij de rollende weg waar ZS180'S neer op macht waren.
De fout werd aan de plastic dia in de inhamverzamelleiding gevonden die geplakt wordt aangezien het zich van links naar rechts bewoog.
Om dit te controleren zult u de inspectiedekking voor wat moeten openen als een sqauredoos kijkt die aan de linkerkant van de inhamverzamelleiding zit. neem de 4 schroeven van Philips en conecter die in het doosdeksel stopt, binnen is een bruin spoor dat,if gemakkelijk van links naar rechts zou moeten bewegen het lichtjes spay met één of andere omhoog WD40 aan vrij het vangt en dit de truc zou moeten doen.

Kev
Mark16v
MG-R Freak

Bericht door Mark16v »

Hah, i think it'll be easier for us to read if you just posted it in english. These are certainly dutch words but the spelling isn't quite correct. Very hard to understand what it says, for me at least..
You only need 2 things in life: Duct Tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't : Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should: WD40.
Striker
MG-R Freak

Bericht door Striker »

I take back what I wrote about the translation software in my other post. I don't understand anything of this one :lol:.
Afbeelding

Wil je weten hoe je een afbeelding in je post plaatst?? Lees dan hier!!
Mark16v
MG-R Freak

Bericht door Mark16v »

I think it has something to do with the ZS180 being "down on power". Something inside the inlet plenum that's stuck, and needs to be freed with the help of some WD40???
You only need 2 things in life: Duct Tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't : Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should: WD40.
Järv
Contacteer:

Bericht door Järv »

Yea ... I come as far as that there is a movable piece of plastic that is obstructing something and causes power loss of the KV6 engine.
Which you can solve by undo some screws somewhere and do something.

Or was it to screw somewhere? ... but that would be a pleonasm coz yer allready doin something then :mrgreen:

Cheers mate,
Dennis 8)
You can go fast ... but I can go anywhere.
MGPete
MG-R Freak
Contacteer:

Bericht door MGPete »

Yo Kev,

Please repost your msg in english.
I drive a zs180 aswell so I'm really interested in what u have 2 say.

C Ya
Pete
AfbeeldingAfbeelding
2005 MG ZS160VVC (aka Gimz)
1973 MG BGT (aka Maddy aka "The Lady")
ZS180SX

Bericht door ZS180SX »

"These are certainly dutch words but the spelling isn't quite correct. Very hard to understand what it says, for me at least.."

Sorry ,the translation tool had trouble changing cockney into dutch :wink:

here goes,i was having a bevy down the rub a dub with me old mucker when i said the jam jar was a bit tom & dick.Tom & dick he says "yes,its a few ponies shy of what it allta be". he says get on the dog and have a chin wag with george and thats what i did :D

Basicly that plastic slider controls the torque (variable inlet manifold),and if it dont slide freely or the small motor that controls it dont work propely iy will effect the power,it will seem like theres a flat spot on the power range or in my case only achieve maximum power @5500 which is 1000 rpm short of what it should be.
HTH Kev
Striker
MG-R Freak

Bericht door Striker »

ZS180SX schreef:here goes,i was having a bevy down the rub a dub with me old mucker when i said the jam jar was a bit tom & dick.Tom & dick he says "yes,its a few ponies shy of what it allta be". he says get on the dog and have a chin wag with george and thats what i did :D
:rofl:

Nice to see you posting here again Kev 8).
Afbeelding

ZS180SX

Bericht door ZS180SX »

Afbeelding

If you look at my power curve (the blue one ) against a standard ZS180(red) you can see that theres a dent in my curve and a flat spot at 5500.

Kev
Striker
MG-R Freak

Bericht door Striker »

Link doesn't work m8.
Afbeelding

ZS180SX

Bericht door ZS180SX »

Sorry
The hoster wont let it link ..................
Striker
MG-R Freak

Bericht door Striker »

Can you email it to me: striker@mg-r.nl ?
Afbeelding

Striker
MG-R Freak

Bericht door Striker »

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

Striker
MG-R Freak

Bericht door Striker »

Not bad! What mods have you done to your car, Kev?
I've heard that there's a new re-map available from MG-Rover for the ZS180 which flattens the torque curve, so there is less of the old "take off" point at 3500rpm.
Afbeelding

ZS180SX

Bericht door ZS180SX »

Ive only put a airbox off a Rover 820 on it with a green cotton air filter.
Big mod coming soon with lots of x-tra BHP-watch this space :wink:
Kev
btw,cheers dude
patpending

Bericht door patpending »

I hope Kev has sorted his problems now, every time I read his post I think my Dutch is even worse than it is.

You asked Kev to write in English to you, so I am following your advice to him :mrgreen:

for ZS lovers, here is a sad sight of a pretty badly-crashed car. Looks like the driver got away OK though.

http://www.mg-rover.de/go.to/modix/2,1, ... wagen.html

just look how beautiful this car is from the back...

pat
Plaats reactie