1e 75 Tourer gered!!

75 en 75 Tourer
Plaats reactie
Bart-K
The Big Boss

1e 75 Tourer gered!!

Bericht door Bart-K »

Funny how you never quite know what the day is going to bring...

Visited my local breakers yard (sorry, recycling centre ) early this morning to save some bits from a V-reg saloon, which two days ago I was told wouldn't be crushed 'til next year, due to the Xmas hols. However, on arrival I'm advised 'It's gone, sorry, was scrapped yesterday.'

Umm, great, thanks for that

'But there's an estate over in the shed mate, if you want to have a look ?'

So off I head, into the gloom, quietly fuming that another 75 has been crushed. Anyhow, looking down the line of Euro boxes, I see what turns out to be a rather grubby Moonstone green CDT auto Connoisseur Tourer poking out of the line-up and it's fitted with Serpents. Noticing it's also got head lamp power wash, and Xenons, and a sunroof, and hi-line navigation, maybe the day isn't looking so bad after all

But then I notice it's X-reg. Now, as some of you will know, I've had some history with Tourers over the years and having previously seen the info on here about the very early cars, I'm now getting seriously interested... Surely not, it must of had a plate swap, but hang on, it's a 'UOK' car and that's hardly personalised ? More like a factory registration, but down here in Plymouth ? Sat right in my local yard, looking pretty much complete ? Not been picked up with a hiab, no signs of a forklift attack and no other car unceremoniously dumped on its roof (...oh, the shame of it... ). No, surely not, it can't be, can it ???

So I check the forum notes (thank you to whoever put all that info up ) and knock-me-down-with-a-feather if it isn't mass production Tourer number one, chassis 204419 !!!!!!

Having now borrowed a jump-pack to get it started, check it runs and selects gear, scrutinized the bodywork, looked in the boot, examined the tyres which all look new ??, checked for embossed headrests, torpedo badges, etc, etc. the scrap man (who by now must think I'm doing a pre-MOT) say's 'Look mate, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. An old bloke drove it in a few days ago, he'd bought a new car and simply didn't want it any more'.

Still had the tax disc on the screen 'til Feb '15 plus lots of old ones, small amount of history, a key, nav discs, 158,000 miles, but was missing a rear light, door mirror and roof rails (sold off it already, but not exactly the end of the world to replace). So after some discussion, it was duly puchased albeit it has been declared as scrap, but I will be contacting DVLA about that in the near future. As the first production 75 estate off the line (22/01/01), I'm sure this must have a certain historical significance ?

Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me keep the number plates, however I managed to get one pic before they removed them. But thankfully the chassis number body stamp and chassis plate have both remained intact, as well as being listed in the service history book.

Now, I have no need for another car and only went out to get a few spares... But realising what it was, do you think I did the right thing ??? I'm afraid heart ruled head, but I had a feeling I'd regret it if I didn't grab it before the crusher did.

Pictures to follow in a bit, if I can remember how to do it...
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding

Vehicle Information

vin SARRJZTHK1D204419
off_assembly_date Monday, 22nd January 2001 @ 11:37:37
model 75 Tourer
variant CDT Connoisseur
num_doors 5
paint_code HES
brochure_model_desc R75 C3 Tourer 2.0 M47 Diesel (116)
sales_model_derivative RJZTH
sales_model_derivative_desc Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur Tourer
home_export HOME
country GREAT BRITAIN
exterior_paint Moonstone Green Metallic
interior_trim Ash / Light smokestone
engine 2000 Diesel 116Bhp
trimlevel Connoisseur
bodytype 5DR
manual_auto A
hand_of_drive RHD
model_year 2001
sold_date Unknown
General Information

This vehicle was the 1st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 1st 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 1st 75 Tourer in Moonstone Green Metallic (code: HES) to be made out of 1,569 Moonstone Green Metallic 75 Tourers.
'03 MG ZT 190+ -> My forever car :inlove:
'03 MG ZS 180 -> Tracktoy

"You don't park a ZT, you simply allow it to rest until next time."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MGRoverClubNederland
MARTIN
MG-R Core

Bericht door MARTIN »

:mrgreen: Stom toeval, ik zou hem weer in goede staat brengen.
Mooi verhaal iig .
Afbeelding
JurrianZS
MG-R Core
Contacteer:

Bericht door JurrianZS »

Cool :mrgreen:
had Rover 214si
had MG ZS 120
had MG ZS 180
had VW Golf IV

The full fat, high caffeine, maximum strength MG ZS

Afbeelding
bam
MG-R Core

Bericht door bam »

mooi verhaal!!!

Jaguar XE
MG ZS 120 MKII
Edgar
MG-R Freak
Bericht door Edgar »

Altijd leuk om te zien en te lezen :)
>MG ZT 135 CDTi MKII - MGF 1.8 - *Rover 200 Tdic*<
dread
MG-R Regular

Bericht door dread »

Zo dat is een tof verhaal. Wat een ongelooflijk toeval ook. Tsja nu moet hij hem wel opknappen. Hier waren duidelijk hogere machten aan het werk ;)
kilroy
MG-R Addict

Bericht door kilroy »

VET :lol:
Rover 75 2.5 liter V6 (34-LB-HP)
VandenPlas
MG-R Freak
Contacteer:

Bericht door VandenPlas »

'Look mate, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. An old bloke drove it in a few days ago, he'd bought a new car and simply didn't want it any more'.
Ongelofelijk! Dat zo'n auto bij een 'sloperij' beland en er niet eerst de moeite wordt genomen hem aan een liefhebber te verkopen :roll:
T 'is toch ook een leuke uitvoering met een hoop opties.
Maar eind goed al goed ! Alleen nog het kenteken terug halen via de dvla. ;)
Afbeelding

Rover 75 MK1 Connoisseur (2001) , Austin 1100 Glider (1969), MG B GT MK1 (1967)

MvG. Jeroen
Bart-K
The Big Boss

Bericht door Bart-K »

Kijk voor de gein maar eens op ebay wat een 75 of ZT in de UK nog doet tegenwoordig dan snap je waarom ze er zo mee omgaan.
'03 MG ZT 190+ -> My forever car :inlove:
'03 MG ZS 180 -> Tracktoy

"You don't park a ZT, you simply allow it to rest until next time."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MGRoverClubNederland
Plaats reactie